Sacred Valley plus visit Machu Picchu tour 2 days / 1 night by Train
The largest tourist destination in the world, a wonder of the ancient world, and the main attraction of South America, the 2-day tour to Machu Picchu allow you to explore the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas, you can visit Awanacancha Farm of South American Camelids, the ancient tombs of the Pisac archaeological site, the Pisac craft market and in the afternoon our tour continues to Ollantaytambo, a small city full of local color and inhabited since Inca times, where we will visit the Main Temple, used as a fortress during the Inca resistance. Stunning views. From Ollantaytambo, you will take the train to Aguas Calientes and spend the night in a 3-star hotel. On the second day visit the world heritage site, the citadel of Machu Picchu Visiting the temple of the high priest, the Intiwatana, the temple of the 3 windows, and the main square. Later you will take the train back to Cusco.
02 to 08 people - Small Group
Cusco - Pisaq - Ollantaytambo - Machu Picchu
Shared or Private Service
|Itinerary overview:||Day 1: TWe will visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas, early in the morning we pick you up from hotel to visit Pisaq and Pisaq market, then our lunch in Urubamba. Finally, the visit to Ollantaytambo, then board our train to Aguas Calientes.|
Day 2: First bus to Machu Picchu, we will explore Machu Picchu citadel for 2-3 hours. In the afternoon we take our train of return to Ollantaytambo. Then we will take the bus to return to Cusco.
|Departure Times:||7:40 - 7:50 a.m.|
|Departure Point:||Pick up from your hotel|
|Arrival Point:||Machu Picchu citadel.|
|Arrival Time:||18:45 - 17:00 pm|
|Instructions:||Please be ready at least 15 minutes prior to departure.|
|Note:||This itinerary is subject to change without prior notice according to weather conditions, strikes, roadblocks, or force majeure events which are beyond our control. We will always do our best to follow the itinerary as close as possible.|
DAY 1: Cusco – Camelid Farm – Pisac Market – Pisac Inca Site – Ollantaytambo – Train to Aguas Calientes
To start the Sacred Valley & Machupicchu tour we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco between 7:45 am to 8:00 am depending on the train you take to Aguas Calientes. The first stop is at the Awanacancha Farm to be able to observe the fine Inca textiles and have direct contact with the South American camelids. Here you will see animals such as llamas, alpacas, vicuñas and guanacos. After Awanacancha, we will visit the archaeological complex of Pisac, located on top of the Pisac mountain within the Sacred Valley. Your tour guide will take you to the most Impressive places. After the tour, visit the traditional market of Pisac. Here you can see the best of the work of Cusco artisans and the Sacred Valley. Then, we will drive along the Vilcanota Sacred Valley river for about forty-five Minutes, until we reach the city of Urubamba, where we will stop for lunch. You will have an amazing selection of fresh meals, served buffet style. After lunch, we will go to the Archaeological Complex of Ollantaytambo, where you will have a guided tour. In Ollantaytambo, you will not only see the best expression of Inca architecture, but you will also be able to see the best of a living city, which despite the years still maintains the urban design of the Incas. Finally, our team will leave you at the train station to board your train that leaves at 3:36 pm bound for Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu, where a transfer will be waiting to guide you to your respective hotel.
DAY 2: Aguas Calientes town – Machu Picchu – train Journey back to cusco
In the morning, after the delicious breakfast in the hotel facilities, your guide will pick you up at your hotel, and together with your guide, you will board a bus to one of the 7 wonders of the modern world, Machu Picchu, the ascent trip in average it takes 25 minutes to the archaeological site. Once you arrive at Machu Picchu, you will be given a 2:30 private guided tour. During your tour of Machu Picchu you will visit the most important places in the complex. You will first visit the guardian's house. From there you can see Machu Picchu in all its splendor. From here you can take some very nice photos of the citadel. You will continue to the imposing Temple of the Sun, the temple of the high priest, the Intiwatana (sun clock rock), Main Square, the temple of the 3 windows, the temple of the condor, and many others. After your tour, you will have free time to explore and take photos and videos. Afternoon, you will return to Aguas Calientes to enjoy lunch at one of the several restaurants there. Make sure to arrive at the train station 30 minutes before departure. According to the itinerary of your Train at 15:20 you will board your train from Aguas Calientes to Poroy station. From the Poroy station, your guide and your driver will pick you up and take you to your respective hotel in the city of Cusco. The poroy station operates from May 1 to January 1 of the following year. During the rainy season, all trains leave and arrive at the Ollantaytambo train station. From any of the 2 stations, our team will pick you up from the train station.
Note: the Inca site of Machu Picchu is different from the Huaynapicchu mountain when most people refer to Machu Picchu they refer to the Archaeological center. Huaynapicchu Mountain and Machupicchu Mountain require a separate permit to climb either. Please notify us at least 3 months in advance
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
- All transportation included from hotel to hotel.
- Partial tourist ticket for the sacred valley
- The group of travelers on the tour to the Sacred Valley is 18 people.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- One night in a 3-star hotel in Aguas Calientes (Sussana Inn *** or similar)
- Round trip bus to Machu Picchu
- Professional guide for two days.
- The guide inside the Machu Picchu is PRIVATE, just for you so you get an amazing experience
- Buffet lunch on day 1 during the Sacred Valley tour
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes at 15:36
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo At 15:20
- The tour starts and ends at your hotel.
THIS TOUR NOT INCLUDE:
- Huayna Picchu or Mountain (extra walks)
- Meals not mentioned.
- Tips (optional).
THE THINGS YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Your Original passport. (University student card if you've booked as a student).
- Water to drink (2 liters, no plastic bottles)
- Camera, binoculars
- Rain jacket in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Change of clothes
- Basic personal toiletries: Deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, small towel, handky, Anti bacterial wet wipes.
- Hat or cap for the sun is essential, Sunscrean with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes (Malaria or Yellow fever have not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, sneakers or sturdy shoes.
- Money in soles or dollars. (ATM´s or cash machines and travellers cheques in Aguas Calientes are more expensive to change.)
- $ 200 USD deposit per person is required to reserve space on a first come,first serve basis.
- The remaining balance must be paid 60 Days before the day of your tour, online with Visa or MC with your reservation code.
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club, 200 + 5% card fees
- Pay with PayPal, 200 + 6% paypal fees
- You can up-grade your train to Vistadome train, the price is US$ 60 more.
- Ticket to enter Huaynapicchu $85.00 USD per person.
- Ticket to enter Macchu Picchu Mountain $85.00 USD per person.
- Hotel single room +US$35. For solo traveller.
- If you would like to take an earlier train back to Cusco, the additional cost is subject to train availability.
- 1. Once you registered and provided your details -or group details online and generate a reservation code or purchase number.
- 2. Pay a booking deposit online with your reservation code with credit or debit card. $200 + 5% fees per person or
- Pay a booking deposit with your reservation code or purchase number through Paypal. $200 + 6% fees per person.
- FINAL PAYMENT: We require a full payment of your tour transferring 30 days before the day when your tour start.